Media Copyright Information Resources
The following web site links are provided as an extended reference for media copyright issues. Each of these sites provides links to other copyright information sites. We encourage you to use these resources to clarify questions and concerns about Copyright Law and Educational Fair Use.
Southwestern University Audiovisual Services assumes no responsibility or liability for the information presented on these web sites.
- Copyright for Educators and Librarians online class
- Reproduction of Copyrighted Works by Educators and Librarians
- Fair Use Guidelines for Educational Multimedia
- Copyright for Educators video series (produced by PBS)
- Final Report to the Commissioner on the Conclusion of the Conference on Fair Use
The following books (and others) are available for checkout from the Southwestern University A. Frank Smith, Jr.. Library Center.
- The Complete Copyright Liability Handbook for Librarians and Educators by Tomas A. Lipinski. 2006.
- Copyright law for librarians and educators : creative strategies and practical solutions by Kenneth D. Crews. 2012.
- Technology and Copyright Law : A Guidebook for the Library, Research, and Teaching Professions by Arlene Bielefield and Lawrence Cheeseman. 2007.
Please contact the Coordinator of Audiovisual Services at (512) 863-1566 for additional information regarding the use of media on campus.