The library participates in the TexShare Card Program.
Please note the following information before you come to apply for a card.
Information for SU students, faculty and staff
- You must present your SU I.D. at the InfoDesk when requesting a TexShare Card.
- Student TexShare cards are issued any hours the InfoDesk is staffed.
- SU faculty and staff TexShare cards are only issued between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday when a supervisor is on duty. Student assistants are not authorized to issue cards to faculty or staff.
- Before you head off to another library with your TexShare card, be sure to review their lending policy for hours of availability, etc. at https://www.tsl.state.tx.us/texshare/libsearch/index.php.
Information for borrowers from other libraries
Only print books are available to Texshare borrowers. E-books, CD’s, DVD’s or audiobooks do not circulate via Texshare. Borrowing period is 3 weeks with a 7 day renewal.
- TexShare cards are only issued between 8 - 12 and 1 - 5 p.m. Monday through Friday, when a supervisor is on duty. You may also be able to receive a card between 6-9 PM Sunday through Thursday. We recommend phoning ahead to verify availability of a staff person. Student assistants are not authorized to issue cards.
- If you fill out an application for a card on the weekend your card will be processed as soon as possible within the next 48 hours. We will notify you when your card is ready.
- You will need to show a photo I.D. verifying an age of 18 or older, current borrower’s card from your home library, and current TexShare card from your home library with your application. Please check the expiration date before you arrive.
Borrowers not eligible for the Texshare program through their home library may apply for a town card with a fee of $25.00.
-For a copy of our lending policies go to https://www.tsl.state.tx.us/texshare/libsearch/searchResults.php?orgId=329&listLendingPolicies=yes